Saturday, August 26, 2006

Dear David Gray (2),

I haven't heard back from you on living in a corner of my bedroom so I suppose that's a no. I can dig that, also considering that you have a wife and kids and they wouldn't fit in the corner, and I'd probably get annoyed by them so no prob.

But one thing; this entire "two to three years" of doing nothing deal now that your "Life in Slowmotion" tour is over...: No. Puhleeeaaase No. PUHLEEEAAAASEE NO!

True, true. Zucchero will have a new album out in late September so that should keep me occupied for a few months. After that he'll tour so that too will keep me entertained, but that'll be over by the end of 2007 and we all know how notoriously fucking slow he works.

Springsteen's touring now, but the Seeger sessions thing is already growing old. Apparently he's working on some new E-Street band stuff, but we both know Bruce; it might be 2011 before that comes out. Granted, Ryan Adams is always interesting, but he's also totally unreliable. You, my friend, are good. Slow in releasing stuff lately. But really good.

Soooo. lets try to schedule this a bit. Let's say that Zucchero will be able to keep me happy untill halfway into 2007. Springsteen then takes over with a poor version of his former self for another 4 months, that gives you untill 2008 to make a new album and tour again. Or to start living in my corner. Really, either is fine with me.

Lemme know!

Love, Boris

PS. In the case two people don't know David Gray; Babylon, Hospital Food, and my personal favorite This Year's Love

No comments: